- How We Obtain Information About You
We may collect personal data that you choose to share with us—including, but not limited to, your first and last name, physical address, email address, or telephone number when you:
- browse our web site(s).
- subscribe to our alerts and publications (including newsletters and mailing lists);
- request information from us about products and services.
- contact us with a question or complaint.
- visit us at various industry events
Netcomp collects personally identifiable information from our users during the initial signup process, as well as during surveys or preference requests, event registrations, and during your normal use of our websites and platforms. We use this information to contact you with offers, newsletters, and special promotions in which you have expressed interest, and to send you necessary business communications pertaining to your ongoing business relationship with us.
We may also collect personal data in other contexts that we will notify you of at the time.
- Information We Obtain
Information You Provide
Personal data you provide directly to us will be apparent from the context in which you provide it. For example:
- If you fill out a form, you generally will provide your name, contact details, and any other information requested on the form, such as the reason for your inquiry or your product preferences.
- If you sign up to receive electronic marketing communications from us, you generally will provide your name, email address, and other contact information, and your technology preferences.
- If you sign up to a feature on one of our sites, you generally will provide your name, contact information, and any other information necessary to access the feature.
- Each form varies in the information required and collected. In most cases, an asterisk (*) indicates the required information on a form. You may choose to provide additional information within fields that are not required.
- If you participate in web-based contests or surveys, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to disclose this information. Netcomp may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests. That company is prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a contest or survey with any third party unless we give you prior notice.
Information We Collect Automatically
Non-Personal and aggregated information collected automatically
When you visit our website, we log general data, such as your domain name, the name of the web page from which you entered our website, which pages you visit on our website, and how much time you spend on each page. We use this information to monitor use of and improve our website as well as for internal analysis. In particular, we use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the website, and gather information for aggregate use (IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information).
- How We Use the Information We Obtain
Information You Provide
We may use personal data you provide to respond to your inquiry—for example, to contact you about your request, ask a question, provide announcements about products and future events, conduct surveys, consider your application for employment, and contact you for other reasons related to offering and improving our services. We use the personal data for these purposes because we have a legitimate business interest in providing services to our customers and other interested individuals that is not overridden by your interests, rights, and freedoms to protect personal data about you. Your email address is used to send email that is designated in our customer database or to send specific content that you subscribed to or requested directly. Your email and relevant content-viewing history may be provided to mutually interested third parties when you demonstrate an interest in their products. Netcomp is not responsible for the timing, quantity, or quality of the materials which the third party may send to you via your email.)
Netcomp follows an opt-in, permission-based email and text-message (SMS) enrollment policy. Netcomp will NOT rent, sell, trade, or loan our lists to anyone. All emails contain links on how to unsubscribe from the client list, and how to request your data be updated. All SMS messages contain information on how to unsubscribe from our SMS lists. You may leave our lists at any time, for any reason.
In addition to the uses discussed above, we also may use the personal data you provide to:
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business
- Develop new products and services
- Perform market research
- Advertise and market the products and services we sell
- Determine the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing
- Analyze our products, services, and websites
- Administer the Site
Your data will be utilized for official Netcomp business purposes only. We do not sell or provide your data to third parties except as described under “4. Information We Share.” below.
We may also use the information we collect to protect against and prevent fraud, claims, and other liabilities, and to comply with or enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies and terms. We use personal data for these purposes when it is necessary to protect, exercise, or defend our legal rights, or when we are required to do so by law that applies to us.
Other Uses of Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may use personal data you provide, or we collect for other purposes. Where that is the case, we will provide an additional privacy notice to you that describes the purposes for which we will use the personal data, and our legal basis for doing so.
- Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal data you provide, or we collect, except as described here. We may share personal data you provide, or we collect with the following parties for the purposes described in this Notice:
- Other companies in the Netcomp group
- Service providers that perform services on our behalf
- Companies with which we have a contractual business relationship, such as Suppliers/Service Providers
In addition, we may disclose personal data about you: (a) if we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process—for example, due to a court order or a request from a law enforcement agency; (b) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; (c) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or other illegal activity; and (d) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
- Data Security
We work hard to safeguard you data using a range of technological and organizational security controls.
We maintain and protect the security of computer storage and network equipment, and we use security procedures that require employees to authenticate themselves to access sensitive data. We also limit access to personal information only to those with jobs requiring such access. We require callers and online users to authenticate themselves before providing account information.
No security measures are perfect, however. We can’t guarantee that your information will never be disclosed in manner inconsistent with this Policy. If a breach were to occur, we will notify you as required by applicable law.
- Data Retention
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
The time for which we keep personal data depends on the purpose for which we collected it. In all cases, we keep it for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it. We will then delete the personal data—unless we are legally required to retain it, or we need to retain it in order to comply with our legal obligations (for example, for tax and accounting purposes).
Subject to any applicable legal requirements, we typically retain personal data as follows:
- Personal data you provide us: we keep this personal data for as long as is necessary to maintain our business relationship with you.
- Personal data you provide when you sign up for an account with one or more of our sites or platforms, or to receive direct marketing communications from us, or upon entering contractual business relationship with us: we keep most of this personal data for the duration of our relationship with you—until you opt out, or we do not have any contact with you for a long period of time.
- How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice or any issue relating to how we collect, use, or disclose personal data—or if you would like us to update information, we have about you or your preferences—you may contact us at: Phone number: 866.843.7110
US Mail: Netcomp Communications Group 1500 Gateway Blvd Suite 220 Boynton Beach FL 33426
- Opt Out/Unsubscribe If you no longer wish to receive our communications, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication.
- Changes in Our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will publicize such changes by means of a Notice on our home page by displaying a prominent “NOTICE” above the text of the Privacy Statement.